Sunday, September 27, 2009

Calming song

I've been praying that I could be less quick to anger and more patient with my children lately and noticed the other day when I started to get real upset about something that Griffin suddenly started singing "I am a Child of God." It caught me off guard and instantly set my mood to calm. I thought "it's an answer to my prayer, its Heavenly Fathers way of reminding me that Griffin is a Child of God and I need to breath, calm down and respond in a more loving way" I asked Griffin why he was singing and he said cause he likes the song and that his teacher taught him to in nursery. Its funny cause for the past few days he has been singing it over and over and trying to learn it and I've been able to remind myself to stay calm and check my behavior over and over. Then today in sacrament meeting you should have seen Griffin's face beam in pride as he realized the closing song we were singing was I am a Child of God. He sung along and was so excited to be able to do so. What a true blessing! I'm am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who is mindful of me and is helping me to be a better mother and is mindful of my child and is helping make him happy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment